Code Of Ethics
REIKI PRACTITIONER CODE OF ETHICS
Copyright © Shibumi International Reiki Association
For Today Only Do Not Anger
- To remain calm and communicative at all times.
For Today Only Do Not Worry
- To support one’s self-development and centeredness.
- To learn to respond to stress in a positive way.
For Today Only Be Humble
- To be honest and realistic when making statements about the possible outcomes of the system of Reiki classes/ treatments and whenever possible, to base comments upon reliable information, experience and current research.
- To be mindful that the teacher/ practitioner does not take credit for any healing.
For Today Only Be Honest In Your Work
- To conduct system of Reiki classes/ treatments in a responsible manner, consistent with safety, health and welfare of the community.
- To endeavour to improve the community’s understanding of the system of Reiki.
- To advertise and promote one’s classes, treatments, services, products, teachings and/ or position in the system of Reiki community with integrity and act on the basis of a well-informed conscience at all times.
For Today Only Be Compassionate to Yourself and Others
- To regularly self-treat with Reiki treatments and meditations; you cannot help others if you haven’t first helped yourself.
- To act in fairness, honesty and in good faith towards all people regardless of their culture, ethnicity, language or religion.
ANIMAL REIKI PRACTITIONER CODE OF ETHICS
Copyright © 2007, Animal Reiki Source
- I believe the animals are equal partners in the healing process.
- I honor the animals as being not only my clients, but also my teachers in the journey of healing.
- I understand that all animals have physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects, to which Reiki can bring profound healing responses.
- I believe that bringing Reiki to the human/animal relationship is transformational to the human view of the animal kingdom.
- I dedicate myself to the virtues of humility, integrity, compassion and gratitude in my Reiki practice.
In working on myself, I follow these practices:
- I incorporate the Five Reiki Precepts into my daily life and Reiki practice.
- I commit myself to a daily practice of self-healing and spiritual development so that I can be a clear and strong channel for healing energy.
- I nurture a belief in the sacred nature of all beings, and in the value and depth of animalkind as our partners on this planet.
- I listen to the wisdom of my heart, remembering that we are all One.
In working in the community, I hold the following goals:
- I model the values of partnership, compassion, humility, gentleness and gratitude in my life and with the animals, teaching by example.
- I work to create professional alliances and cooperative relationships with other Reiki practitioners/teachers, animal health-care providers and animal welfare organizations in my community.
- I strive to educate my community in its understanding of the benefits of Reiki for animals.
- I continually educate myself to maintain and enhance my professional competence so that I uphold the integrity of the profession.
- I consider myself an ally to the veterinary and animal health community. I work to support their efforts in achieving animal wellness and balance. I honor other disciplines and their practitioners.
In working with the human companions of the animals, I will:
- Share information before the treatment about my healing philosophy, the Reiki healing system and what to expect in a typical treatment, as well as possible outcomes, including the possibility of healing reactions.
- Provide a clear policy ahead of time regarding fees, length of treatment and cancellation policy, as well as "postponement" policy, should the animal not want the treatment that day.
- Never diagnose. I will always refer clients to a licensed veterinarian when appropriate.
- Honor the privacy of the animals and their human companions.
- Share intuition received during Reiki treatments, with compassion and humility, for the purpose of supporting their understanding of the healing process.
- Respect the human companion’s right to choose the animal’s healing journey, selecting the methods, both holistic and/or conventional that he or she deems most appropriate, with the support and advice of a trusted veterinarian.
In working with the animals, I follow these guidelines:
- I work in partnership with the animal.
- I always ask permission of the animal before beginning, and respect his or her decision to accept or refuse any treatment. I listen intuitively and observe the animal’s body language in determining the response.
- I allow each animal to choose how to receive his or her treatment; thus each treatment could be a combination of hands-on, short distance and/or distant healing, depending on the animal’s preference.
- I let go of my expectations about how the treatment should progress and/or how the animal should behave during the treatment, and simply trust Reiki.
- I accept the results of the treatment without judgment and with gratitude toward Reiki and the animal’s openness and participation in the process.